Important notice to MerSETA stakeholders and Accredited Training Providers – MerSETA Discretionary Grant 5 - Submissions: 15 October – 30 November 2012.
MerSETA stakeholders, kindly note; the MerSETA Discretionary Grant funding window is now open and will be closing on 30 November 2012.
Briefly, grants are available for the following learning interventions:
- Apprenticeships (including Recognition of Prior Learning, ending in a trade test)
- Learnerships (Not trade related-linked to priority skills in the sector)
- RPL (Not trade related)
- Skills Programmes for unemployed learners (youth)
- Adult Education and Training, previously ABET
- Bursaries for employed workers (linked to scarce and critical skills)
- Workplace experience wrt structured experiential training for FETC and University of Technology (UoT) students requiring workplace experience to complete their qualifications.
- Internship grants for scarce occupations linked to UoT and HET graduate employment promotion.
In addition to this, a Small, Micro Enterprise (SME) Support Programme caters for MerSETA levy paying and/or exempt SME’s. The programme makes provision for needs driven skills development initiatives. (The funding window for this programme is 1 to 30 November 2012).
Accredited training providers are invited to register from 15 October on the MerSETA SME Provider Database to service these skills needs.
The above is a summary only. Please see the MerSETA Discretionary Grant 5 (DG5) documents on our website for more information and guidelines, or directly on www.Merseta.org.za. Queries should be directed to MerSETA.