SAOGA recently attended a briefing on PetroSA's new eProcurement system - an essential entry point for companies doing business with them. Details were as follows:
Date 13 May 2010
Time 14h00 – 16h00
Venue PetroSA HQ, Auditorium
Purpose PetroSA’s public briefing on its new eProcurement System
Presentation Comfort Bunting presented PetroSA’s newly implemented eProcurement System
1. PetroSA’s Group Supply Chain Management Department together with its implementation partner, Intenda, presented PetroSA’s newly developed electronic procurement (eProcurement) system.
2. The new system reduces and eliminates the tedious manual work associated with completing and submitting tenders. The entire system has migrated from a manual to a fully electronic one, thus, the purchasing of all equipment, supplies and services in conducted via the Internet.
3. Using the newly developed Electronic Response System (eRS) all suppliers can now submit all tenders and supporting documentation via the internet or email.
4. In the same manner PetroSA will now send notification of tenders via email to all relevant and qualified suppliers on their system.
5. The system incorporates a new online Auction System used to procure equipment, supplies and services.
Judging by the audience response there was overwhelming support for the new system.
More information is available on the PetroSA website: http://www.procurement.petrosa.com/eProcurement.aspx