The Department of Trade and Industry (the dti) will be hosting exhibitions in the cities of Beijing and Shanghai from 4 - 9 October 2012. This is an opportunity for South African companies to explore the Chinese market and gain inroads into Asia.
Exhibitions are planned as follows:
Beijing: 4 – 6 October 2012
Shanghai: 7 – 9 October 2012
Entities that wish to be part of the South African business delegation must:
• Be export ready;
• Be competitive in the South African market;
• Have been in business for at least two to three years;
• Have exported previously;
• Have the capacity to timeously supply any expected orders arising out of the visit;
• Possess a proven business track record; and
• Have a valid and current tax clearance certificate.
Targeted sectors for this event include: Agro-processing, Chemicals, Plastics, Steel, Aluminium, Automotive, Electro-technical, Manufactured Products (Chapter 84), Capital Equipment and Paper, Pulp, Oil, Gas, Energy, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure, ICT, Transport, Mining.
the dti will offer:
• Airfare (up to a pre-determined maximum amount);
• Hotel accommodation (up to a pre-determined maximum amount);
• Payment of exhibition space;
• Freighting of exhibition material to the exhibition and back to South Africa (up to a pre-determined
• Exposure to new export markets; and
• Business-to-business meetings.
Interested companies can obtain application forms from:
Ms Kwena Matlou, the dti
Tel: +27 (0)12 394 1342; Fax: +27 (0)12 394 2342; E-mail: KMatlou@thedti.gov.za
Mr Mayanda Kondile, the dti
Tel: +27 (0)12 394 1616; Fax: +27 (0)12 394 2616; E-mail: MKondile@thedti.gov.za
Please note that the deadline for application of South Africa China Expo has been extended to 14 June 2012.
See Attachments below - Application Documents. Please note all Excel documents consist of 6 pages.
International Trade Manager: Asia Pacific
Tel: +27 21 487 8643
Fax: +27 21 487 8700