Dormac is a well-established, multi-national ship repair company, with five fully equipped shipyards strategically placed to service the major ports on the Southern African Continent. A predominant player in the Oil & Gas markets, Dormac provides turnkey solutions for all marine and industrial projects, including shipbuilding.
Dormac has a first class record of offering turnkey solution to its customers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
With offices situated in Cape Town, Saldanha Bay, Durban and Richards Bay in South Africa and Walvis Bay in Namibia, Dormac is able to service any offshore related vessel, including MODU’s and subsea construction vessel operating off Africa’s East and West Coast oil fields.
Dormac are also able to set up & execute large projects for our clients at the most convenient location for the specific scope of work.
DORMAC SERVICES INCLUDE:
• Offshore And Onsite Surveys
• Drawing Up Of Work Scope Specifications
• Full Project Management And Turnkey Engineering
• Management Of Subcontractors And Logistics
• Dry-Dockings And Floating Repairs
• New Builds, Conversions, Modifications and Life Extension Projects
• Travelling/Voyage Repair Teams
• Heavy And Light Machining
• Steel Fabrication And Repairs
• Pipe Fabrication and Repairs, Including HP Systems.
• Engine Installations And Overhauls
• Mechanical And Rigging Services
• Electrical And Control Systems
• Specialised Coded Welding
• Propulsion And Thruster Overhauls/Rebuilds
• Upgrade and re-builds of Accommodation and living Quarters
• Class Approved Welding Procedures
• Class Approved UWILD Inspections And Dive Surveys
• Underwater Repairs
• Cofferdam Designs And Hull Repairs
• Cleaning, Blasting And Coating, Tanks And Hull
• Crane Rebuilds And Repairs
• Jack-Up Leg And Spud Can Repairs
• Fabrication And Installation Of Crane Pedestals And Machinery
ISO 14001 & 18001 SAFETY, HEALTH & ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
Dormac is fully committed to educating its employees to create and maintain a safe working environment. Our professional HSE team ensures that our yards maintain and comply with all relevant SHE standards through its involvement at all levels of operational planning and being active in the workplace with educational programs and new employee inductions.
HSE issues are recorded at all levels in the company, from the shop floor to the boardroom, and all employees have full access to management should any concerns be raised.
Project specific SHE plans are drawn up in consultation with our customer’s SHE management to produce a bridging document encompassing both Client’s and Dormac’s project specific SHE requirements.
ISO 9001 QUALITY MANAGEMENT
DORMAC is able to fabricate to a broad range of standards including ASME, AWS, IACS and API, assuring the customer of a quality fabrication. Dormac makes regular use of third party inspection authorities and works closely with the Classification Society’s Surveyor to ensure the relevant rules & regulations are adhered to.
Dormac’s policy is to remain at the forefront of quality control and production by using the latest technology and practices available.
International certifications and qualifications:
DNV ISO 9001 Quality Management System
DNV ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
DNV OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System